Happy 2011 to one and all! I hope your New Year's Eve was something special and that your first day of this year is full of pure enjoyment. :)
Last night, we planned to have several family members over to celebrate the coming of the new year. (We've done this for the past three years, so I suppose it's turning into something of a tradition, which is fine by us!) At one point before people were supposed to arrive, I realized that we probably didn't have enough drinking cups for every one's drinks. At another point, I realized that we might run out of food. It all turned out to not matter because the icy roads botched our plans altogether! We had our third (I think?) winter storm of the month which gave us sleet and icy roads not fit to drive on. We couldn't blame anyone for not wanting to venture out (because, after all, we were the selfish ones that got to stay home anyways) but did get to spend part of the evening with some fun guests: my brother, his wife and their baby girl. They had to bring someone to the airport, and that's kind of our neighborhood, so they were able to stop by and hang out for awhile. After they left, the kids put on their jammies and were ready to stay up until midnight. We watched a couple "Charlie Brown" specials on TV and we were letting the kids drink caffeinated sodas to help them stay awake. That all turned out differently than we expected, too: I went upstairs to feed Connor, and when I came downstairs again at 11:23pm, Chris, Caleb and Hannah were all completely asleep on the couches. I guess not even Mountain Dew can keep our family awake when we're super tired. That was all fine and dandy because I was tired myself, so I left my family sleeping in the living room and was the only person who slept in an actual bed last night. (Not a very restful sleep since Connor woke up every hour from, presumably, all the crazy appetizers I ate earlier in the night.) Anyhoo, the evening didn't turn out how we planned, but it was perfect just the same. How nice it was to spend New Year's Eve cuddling with my fun little family.
I hope your 2011 brings peace and joy to your life. Happy New Year!! :)
Saturday, January 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment