Tuesday, January 11, 2011

1 Month Old

The time has been flying and our little baby is already one month old! I feel like the past month has been a whirlwind, and I know it's mostly because of the holidays. Connor has shown us that he is the perfect addition to our family. He gets a lot of love from his big brother and big sister (they love to help!) and he's a joy to Mommy and Daddy (even when we have to wake up with him in the middle of the night). Speaking of which, he has slept through the night once so far, so there's hope for the future! All the other nights, he's too busy waking up to fill his tummy. At the doctor today (for Connor's 1-month check-up), we found out that all of his eating is really doing something: he's up to 11 pounds 5.5 ounces already! It's fun to see him fill out a little more, but also makes me realize that the newborn stage goes by MUCH too quickly!!

We tried to do the cute little photo shoot that most of you have done, with the hand-made "1 Month" sign and all, but Connor wasn't having it. I'm planning to try again later, but until then, this adorable sleeping picture will have to do:


I was so proud of Connor when I took this picture. He was wide awake and happy, so I decided to give him a bath before his doctor appointment. I got him all dressed and set him in his crib for a minute while I corralled his siblings. Wouldn't you know? I came back to get Connor and he was sleeping so peacefully! It was so cute but I wish he would fall asleep like that a night instead of right when I plan to leave the house!! :)

We love you, Connor, and we're so glad that you are a part of this family! We can't wait to see you grow, even though Mommy doesn't want you to grow up too fast. We can already tell that you have a beautiful smile and that you are interested in anything your siblings say or do. I can't wait to see what the future has in store! :)

No comments: