Sunday, January 9, 2011

Some Hannah Antics

Hannah has been a little ham lately. She holds her own when it comes to playing, arguing AND joking around with her big brother, and I have to admit that it's fun to watch. She still has her amazing talent of being able to play "imagination" with literally anything. The other day, she cut up a banana into about five small pieces. It took her FOREVER to eat them, so I was giving her a bit of a hard time, saying that she had to hurry and finish the banana before picking any more snacks. As it turned out, she didn't want to eat the banana pieces because she was PLAYING with them! She had each piece talking and everything, and when she finally went to take a bite of one, she said, "I'm going to take a bite out of you. Is that okay?" Then in a higher voice, she made the banana piece say, "Okay!" Sounds silly if you don't have kids, but it was a very amusing conversation! :)

Yesterday morning, Hannah told me that she told her preschool teachers that she wanted "black hair" like me and her brothers. I told her that her red hair is beautiful and that I love it. She made some crying noises and then said, "My daddy gave me red hair but I really wanted black hair. " It was cute and luckily, short-lived. I don't think she really has an opinion about her hair color, which is good because I'm never going to let her dye it!! :) She is old enough to recognize when people are commenting about her hair, so if you ask her "What do people say when they see you?", she innocently says, "Oh, look at that cute girl with the red hair!"

I also have to show off Hannah's fashion sense. At preschool last week, she made this New Year's hat. The teacher warned me that it was quite heavy, due to all the buttons that Hannah glued on to it. She wasn't kidding! The hat couldn't even sit straight up on Hannah's head without falling over, so she had to keep her head tilted down for the picture I took of her.


On a random side note, it's about time in our area to get kids signed up for preschool for the 2011-2012 school year. I was having a bit of a dilemma with what to do with Hannah, since we won't know more about Caleb's kindergarten schedule until next month and I would hate to have a conflict with their schedules and have to shuffle things around later. Chris ended up suggesting that we don't put Hannah in preschool next year, which was a decision I really warmed up to. After all, she has two more years before kindergarten, and will go to a year of preschool right before her kindergarten year. My goal now is to find some learning materials for her so she can learn how to write her ABC's and numbers without going to preschool. I also need to find lots of craft ideas. I plan to go to Lakeshore Learning, which is a great learning store near us, and get some preschool materials. However, if anyone has any suggestions of places to look for these learning materials, please let me know!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is so related to zoe with her imagination!! Everything has voices in our house. Zoe talks for Cayde in funny little voices too lol