Thursday, January 20, 2011

Life is Good!

Today, I am really feeling like life is good! :) Here are a few things that are making me smile today:

* The laundry is almost caught up. Yes, seriously, that is a stress-reliever for me! :)

* I basically have a newly potty-trained three-year old!! She's been lingering for awhile, but we finally crossed a hurdle yesterday and she stayed dry in undies all day. She even woke up dry and has been dry all of today. FINALLY!!!!

* I had a great conversation....with my 6-week old son. Yes, you read that correctly! He was spending some time on the floor, so I hovered above him to coo at him a bit. When he saw my face, he smiled and started cooing himself! We talked like that for quite a few minutes and it was so special!! :)

* My kids found a new hobby! This morning, we tried out a couple of gymnastics classes--one for Hannah's age group and one for Caleb's. My friend and her three-year old son go to this gymnastics place and got a pass for us to come to one of the weekly classes. Caleb was dragging his feet as we got close to the gym. He announced that he DOES NOT want to take gymnastics and ONLY wants to take karate! Well, once we got there and Caleb found out he was the only boy in his class (he's with three girls), he liked the idea of gymnastics a little better. (He's turning into quite the ladies' man!) I left him to be in his class while I sat in Hannah's class with her. Mind you, there was no "sitting" to be had, and it was SO FUN! Both kids walked out of there, pleading to return next week. I got the green light from the husband to enroll them in this session, which will go for the next five weeks. While this class will make us leave the house earlier than any other morning, it's still going to be so much fun for all of us!! (Now, let's just hope that Connor will sleep through all the classes in his car seat like he did today...)

* We received Caleb's kindergarten enrollment papers the other day!! We have an open house on the calendar for next month so we can check out the school he'll be going to (which turns out to be the school we really wanted him to attend). Although the schedule is sure to rock our boat a bit (morning kindergarten starts at 7:50am and is every day), we're all excited for Caleb's new change. September is going to be here before we know it!

There's so much to be thankful for and so much to look forward to. We also just got Children's Theater tickets for February, Disney on Ice tickets (for a mommy-daughter date) for March, and plan to watch our niece on the stage in March, as well. Not to mention a couple weekend trips, important birthdays, and I'm already looking forward to Connor's three-month photo session (although I tell him every day to stop growing so fast!!). We are busy busy lately and loving it! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like everything is going smoothly. I just wanted to let you know that afternoon kindergarten isn't bad. You can even sleep in with the kiddie-os and when Caleb goes to school and it's at the same time Hannah and/or Conner takes their naps, you get a small break.

Stef said...

Wow, 7:50 is early! It starts at 8:55 in my district. That's so fun that they're loving gymnastics :)