Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Recent Kidisms

While watching "Cat in the Hat" just a minute ago, Hannah said, "That orange bish is a talking bish, you know."

I said, "Hannah, it's fish---with an 'f'. Say 'fffffffff-ish'."

So, she concentrated really hard and said, "Ffffffff-bish!"

(At least she doesn't end the b-sound with "itch" like she used to....)

******************************

Caleb was standing in the bathroom, noticing the dark circles under his eyes from getting up too early this morning. I walked up to him to see what he was doing. I knelt down next to him and put my face next to his, thinking that we were having a cute moment together looking in the mirror, when all of a sudden, Caleb excitedly said, "Look, Mom! You've got those purple things under your eyes, too!!"

******************************

On Sunday morning, while the kids were eating breakfast, Chris and I both started straightening different things in the house: me, emptying the dishwasher and folding some blankets that were on the couch; Chris, putting away tools and other random things that belong in the basement or garage. Unbeknownst to me, Hannah had been paying attention to what we were doing. She asked me, "Is someone coming over today? Because you're cleaning." (Apparently, I only clean when we're expecting company!"

No comments: