Today I asked Caleb, "Did you learn about Moses at preschool?" He looked at me oddly and said, "What's a 'mose'?"
--------------------------------------------
I had a lovely experience this morning where the Invisible Fence system we have for our dog FAILED. I let Jack (our golden retriever) outside and let him run around for about 20 minutes, as we normally do. All of a sudden, I realized that I could hear someone screaming outside. I thought, "Oh, no....I hope this has nothing to do with Jack" and peeked into our back yard. Sure enough, Jack was in our neighbor's yard (which is something that NEVER happens--for real) having a play date with their dog, who is also on Invisible Fence. The screaming was coming from the little girl who lived at that house. She was looking out of the window next to her mother, who was yelling at their dog to come in. I yelled for Jack, but---surprise, surprise!!---neither dog was listening to us. The mom shouted to me that the dogs had been biting each other a minute before I came out. I shouted that I didn't know why Jack was able to get to their yard with his collar on and she said that it's all the snow---it's so deep that the collars aren't doing their jobs. (Fabulous!
) She said that since she knew I had two little kids in the house (Connor was sleeping in his swing and Hannah was playing nicely in the playroom--or so I thought), she would get her dog inside, then try to get my dog into her car to drive him around the block to our house. I ran inside and threw on some boots and a coat, and grabbed the bucket of dog treats to try to entice Jack into coming inside. By this point, both dogs had run to the front of their house, then a minute later, ran into ANOTHER neighbor's yard (this means that their dog broke through his Invisible Fence, too). The whole time, the mom was screaming for her dog to get inside, which he finally did about five minutes later. Jack wondered where his friend went, so he ran to the back of their house again, where he noticed me standing there with the dog treats and decided that was enough incentive to come inside. (What a naughty dog!!) After standing outside for almost 10 minutes, where many neighbors must have looked out their windows to see what all the commotion was, then and only then, did I realize that I had been standing outside in my big ol' baggy PJ pants, which, by the way, have big hot pink polka dots all over them. It was also another 10 minutes of being inside until I realized that Hannah hadn't been playing nicely in the play room while I was outside. She took that opportunity to go upstairs to my bathroom, take the darkest color of lipstick I own from my make-up bag on the counter and apply it generously to her lips. My question to you is: is 10:00am too early to start doing shots of tequila?? (Only kidding about the tequila!!)
1 comment:
Have some tequila lol Sounds like a fun morning. zoe is always in my makeup so she has her own kid makeup now and cayde likes to get into it as well he was wearing blush the other scary thing is he got it where it was supposed to go lol it scares ben :)
Post a Comment