Friday, January 28, 2011

They Keep Us Laughing...

***I found this post unpublished. It's actually from January!!***

Ever since I was pregnant with Connor, Hannah always pretends that she has a "baby" in her tummy (usually it's a ball or a doll). Anyway, the other day, she was walking across the living room with a small basketball in her shirt, and she said, "My baby is coming out!" As she pushed the ball out of her shirt, she said, "Ow, ow, ow." (As Chris said, that girl doesn't miss a thing!) The next day, it was the same thing, so I said to her, "Hannah, say, 'it's okay---I had an epidural'." With a completely innocent face, she said, "It's okay! I had an empty girl!"

-------------------------------------------------

Hannah and I were having a little argument last night which started with me telling her that she couldn't do something that she wanted to do. In true three-year old fashion, she sat on the stairs, hollered that she wasn't moving from that spot until she got what she wanted and told me that she was going to throw some toys at me. I finally got her to sit on a time-out, and I sat next to her to find out why she said the things she said. She is very remorseful when she gets into trouble, so while I was talking to her she was crying. I finally said, "Hannah, why do you act naughty sometimes?" Through her sobs, she said, "Because it freaks people out." Well, I guess that's one reason to do something....

-------------------------------------------------

Caleb and Hannah are going through a funny stage where they like to switch clothes. I see this several times a week: they'll be playing in their bedrooms and when I go check on them, Hannah is wearing Caleb's clothes (that are way too big for her) and Caleb is wearing Hannah's clothes (that are way too small for him). We laughed the first time, so I'm sure that's why they do it, however, now I tell them to switch back right away. This escalated to a whole new level last night when I found the kids playing in Connor's room. When I checked on them, Caleb had put a size 6-month sleeper on his arms and actually had it snapped all the way down to the legs, which were hanging off his back. How he got it on, I have no idea and no, I didn't take any pictures. Talk about funny and kind of weird at the same time!

No comments: