Tuesday, February 15, 2011

V-Day and More

Once again, I've been a blog-slacker. Life's a little crazy right now but I'm hopeful that it will smooth out here pretty soon. Since I posted at the beginning of the month, our little man turned two months old. The "smooth out" part that I'm hoping for is that he'll start sleeping through the night in the next month or so. Wishful thinking, I know, but a girl can dream!! He's been waking up about twice to be fed which is pretty awesome. However, he's still a grunty fellow so he grunts-grunts-grunts at night and if I don't run in there and stick his pacifier in his mouth at just the right time, he'll wake up and that will be that. If the pacifier gets in there before his eyes open, then we're good for another hour or so. If you think that sounds crazy, just know that almost every mother reading this is going "Oh, yea, I remember that", so it's not THAT crazy! Just part of having a baby, I guess. Even if he wakes up before I'd like to feed him, he's pretty good about laying in his crib with his light-up/musical toys and being happy for awhile, which is also a good thing. I refuse to feed him if he wakes up too early, which I found out is a good idea since he weighed.....wait for it....wait for it.....14 pounds and 4 ounces at his two-month check up!! Yes, he's quite the big guy but the doctor says that's just genetics at work. All of my kids were in the high percentiles when they were babies and Caleb was 13 lbs 8 oz. at his two-month, so it's not that big of a difference. I've had a few people recently say, "He's ONLY 9 weeks??" because of his size, but yes, he's just big for his age, which is fine with us. He is also doing some other fun new things, such as, grabbing at his hanging toys and tolerating more time on his tummy.

Connor is still "all smiles" and actually laughed for the first time recently. It happened to be at his sister who will now do funny-faces to him during the day to get him to laugh. Alas, that was the only time he has purposely laughed, but that's another milestone I look forward to. Here's a picture of his big ol' grin on Valentine's Day:



Speaking of Valentine's, this year was quite an event. Hannah celebrated the Friday before with her preschool class. She was able to help me make her Valentine's bags this year for her friends and was very proud of them. Caleb was able to write out all the names on his Valentine's for the first time this year, which was another neat thing. I basically sat with them at the table and watched them put everything together. So handy!! There are definitely benefits to kids getting older, I tell you!! Caleb had a big V-day party with his class on Monday and the other two kiddos accompanied me to a MOMS Club party at a local church. There was lots of candy to be had, of course, butmy kids were pumped full of sugar from the get-go: they woke up to find little Valentine's gifts waiting for them (from Mommy and Daddy) and they each had their own surprise plate of cupcakes waiting for them, too.



Of course I let them each have one with their breakfasts so we really started the day off right!!

I also had to attempt another Valentine's photo-shoot with the kids, which was SUPER hard this year!! I got one more year of dressing them in adorable outfits (will I get to do this next year, too?? Maybe with two out of the three...) and while it's so hard to get all of the kids to smile at the same time, I'm just happy that I got one shot of them all looking at the camera...


It was a fun day, and I was so happy to get the opportunity to do some fun little things to show my family that I love them. I hope you all had a fun holiday, too!! :)

No comments: