Another "blog slacking" time for me. I just peeked in here and realized that it's already March, which means I haven't posted anything in over a week. That's par for the course, I'd say!! We've been very busy lately. I'm so busy at the moment, in fact, that I can't even post a picture today, but I'll get to that soon. What's new with us?? Let me tell you!
* I had a home-party which was fun. It was by a company called "ThirtyOne" and my sister-in-law, Heather, is a new consultant with them. I had lots of fun visiting with some fabulous ladies that night and Chris loved that we had lots of left-over yummies for the next day. I also ended up ordering a TON of stuff---all free or discounted---and I can't wait to get it. ThirtyOne has purses, totes, bags and other fun stuff like that! If you want to check them out, click HERE.
* Our niece, Linnea, was dedicated to the Lord last weekend. It was fun to see her since we haven't seen her in over a month, I'm sure. She's a little mover now---starting to crawl all over the place and pull herself up on things. That was also the first evening that Connor rolled over on his own. It was from his tummy to his back, so maybe it just means he has a large head, but it was so fun to see!! Our babies are growing up fast!!
* The kids finished up their gymnastics lessons for this session and I decided not to sign them up for more until possibly the summer. I felt that Hannah was getting too old for the class she was in but was still too young for the class that she could go on to. She gets a little too excited when she's in the big gym and doesn't really want to listen to instruction so I didn't want to put her in a class without me quite yet. It seemed to be a good time to take a break, too, since now there is more time for Caleb (and Hannah, too) to start their piano lessons with Grandma Sue. Tomorrow is their second lesson and I can tell you that both kids are so excited to learn more about the piano. I hope their excitement continues for a long time!!
* We had Caleb's "kindergarten enrollment" night last week. Caleb and I went by ourselves and we learned all about his new school. Caleb was shy at first but then warmed up to the environment. We know a lot of kids that will be going to that school next year but I'm not sure if he'll be in the same class as them since it seems most of their parents are opting for "full-day" kindergarten, while we are just doing "half-day". I know Caleb will make new friends either way. My precious boy is growing up too fast!!
* Chris and I are getting ready to celebrate our seventh wedding anniversary, although, we actually celebrated it last week by going out to dinner at an amazing Italian restaurant. It was an adventure in itself, too, since we showed up at this tiny little elegant place with no reservations and waited for WELL over an hour for a table just in the bar. Chris was skeptical at first but I kept insisting that we stay. Of course, we both ended up LOVING this place. If you want to read more about the restaurant itself, click HERE.
Okay, so five semi-big events don't seem like they should take up my whole schedule but the rest of the time has been spent living life. There are only so many hours of the day to not only get the housework done and feed my family but also to cuddle my kiddos and spend some extra time with my hubby. My only wish is that it would WARM UP outside soon but it doesn't look like that will be the case: more snow is predicted in the next few days. This winter is never-ending, I think!!!
Wednesday, March 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment