We were on our way to Caleb's spring program last night and we were running late. It was just the kids and I in the car, as we were meeting Chris at Caleb's school. As I drove out of our neighborhood, I said out loud, "Oh! I forgot my rings. Oh, well. I don't have time to go back." Caleb all of a sudden started shouting, "GO BACK!! GO BACK!!" I asked him why and he said, "Because someone might try to marry you, Mom! You're going to have to hide your hands!" Oh, so flattering. Thank you, Caleb. :)
*********************
Caleb's new logic to buying anything when I say that what he wants is too expensive is that "everyone should take their money and put it in a big pile".
"That way," Caleb explains, "We'll all be rich!"
I wish it was so easy!! :)
*********************
While most days, I don't feel like I'm the greatest mom ever, today was NOT one of those days!! In fact, I was quite proud, if I do say so. We had our MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) meeting today. The kids LOVE going to MOPS and hanging out in their respective classrooms, listening to bible stories and coloring pictures. Usually, no matter how crabby we all were getting out of the house that morning, by the time we walk into our MOPS church, we're all a little happier. Another back-story is that my two oldest kids have a very "love/hate" relationship right now. They can be fighting over toys one minute and telling each other that they love one another the next. Very back and forth, and rapidly, too! Anyhoo, we walked in the church this morning, and were hanging up our coats with lots of other MOPS moms and kids standing near us. All of a sudden, Hannah gave Caleb the biggest hug and said, "Caleb, I'm going to miss you while you're in your class!!" All the moms went "Awwww...." because it was just so cute. I had to swear that I didn't prompt them to say that before we walked in the door---that is how they really feel! I hope they can remain friends as they get older and start to enjoy their own space more. :)
Tuesday, April 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment