Caleb is taking two sports right now: tee-ball and karate. The karate is through a community ed program because we wanted to make sure he liked it before we signed him up at the local karate school. So far, he's doing great and he loves it. He even earned a "white ribbon" last Friday which means that he successfully can do all seven of the "star blocks". We're very proud of him!! I'll post later this week about his first tee-ball game, which is tomorrow. (Let's hope he likes that better than soccer last fall. Our soccer experience was horrible as I had to bribe him to play on the field.)
Connor is almost five-months old and you can really tell that he's a happy baby. He found his feet and loves them. (Now, we're just waiting for him to start sticking his feet in his mouth.) Changing his diaper has already become a challenge since he either wants to hold his feet while you change him or roll over when his body is straight. Luckily, it's more funny than frustrating, so we're trying to keep a sense of humor! He's just started jumping in his Jumperoo and we also started him on solid foods last week. Rice cereal was NOT a winner, so most of the pictures we got capture a horrified look on his face. We tried it two separate times with him practically shouting "What is this gross stuff you're shoving in my mouth!!" both times, so now we've starting him on oatmeal instead. So far, that's a tiny bit better. :)
Chris and I are going "Zen": he's started taking the bus to work, which means he can read instead of focus on driving twice a day. I have been trying to go to the gym every week day (ummm....for a week so don't be impressed yet) and I read there while I work on the elliptical machine. I think we're going to have to get a couple of Kindles if we keep this up since the list of books I want to read is getting longer by the day. I suppose a "Zen" time in my day is also when I cook dinner since I still try a new recipe almost every night. Usually, it's fun and it's been helping me plan our dinners better, which helps with making a weekly grocery list, etc. It's all about organization, you know! ;) And, along the reading-lines, I've been taking the kids to the library once every two weeks so they can check out some books. It sounds horrible, but going to the library was just not something that we did. I had a card and all, but we just never went. Finally, with Caleb starting to read now, I thought we should go more often. I now have a special bag that is designated just for library books and we have a special place in our house where we keep said books (because, Lord knows, we'd be the first family to get our library card revoked due to too many lost books if we didn't have a special place!). The designated "home" for the book bag (which is kind of like a basket, really) happens to be in the dining room of our house so for some reason, the kids have decided that they like to read books UNDER the dining room table. Kind of funny but they could sit there for hours if I don't pry them out once in awhile. :)
Is my life mundane?? Do you hate reading about the simple things that we do?? If winter would ever END, we'll be spending more time outside. Two days ago, on May 2nd, 2011, it was SNOWING here in our town. Not collecting on the ground, thank goodness, but definitely snowing. I'm all for snow during the winter months, but it has been spring now for well over a month. Come on, Mother Nature!! Get with the program!!
I'll leave you with some funny quotes that my children have said in the past day or two.
Hannah: "How did God put my brains in??" I know some of you heard about this yesterday and, honestly, if you have an answer, we'd love to hear it.
Caleb: "Wow, Mom, you and Dad are rich I think. You have, like, more than $100." Oh, to be five again. That's such a better way of thinking than actually being in the real world and having to pay bills. :)
Caleb: "Just ask Google." This is an everyday sentence that Caleb says. He says this when Chris or I say "I don't know" to any question he asks. Literally three minutes ago, Caleb asked me what the "smallest fish in the seven seas is". When I said that I didn't know, he casually told me to "just ask Google" and tell him the answer. *sigh*
2 comments:
I for one just want to say Thank You for posting! I never tire of the mundane or the exciting stuff.
Yay for Caleb getting his white ribbon! The kiddoes look cute on Easter too. Love the matching outfits, do it while you can, right? :) Maybe Hannah and Linnea can match sometime if we do a Grandchildren picture!
Thanks for the update too, I don't always comment but enjoy reading :)
Have a wonderful Mother's Day!
Post a Comment