Saturday, April 16, 2011

Silly Girl

Yesterday, Hannah had me laughing all day. Throughout the day,Hannah kept grabbing the receiver of the baby monitor that I had set in the kitchen. In the morning, I was upstairs in Connor's room and Hannah could, apparently, hear me talking from the monitor. She decided that it must work like a walkie-talkie, so she started yelling, "MOM!! MO-OM!!" into the receiver. I didn't notice what she was doing until I came downstairs and saw her standing with the receiver up to ear like a phone. Awhile later, Caleb went upstairs and we could hear him on the monitor. Hannah promptly ran over to the monitor, picked it up and yelled "CALEB???" into it. I explained to her several times throughout the day that the monitor didn't work two ways, etc, etc. Finally, in the evening, I went upstairs to get Connor once again. Hannah started shouting from downstairs, "MOM?! Can you help me with this game?? MOM????" I came downstairs, thinking Hannah would be standing at the bottom of the stairs waiting for my answer about the game. Instead, she kept saying, "MOM?? Can you help me, Mom??" from a different room of the house. After wandering around, confused, for a minute, I finally found her: she was sitting under our dining room table with the monitor, of course! She had her mouth pressed right up to the speaker and she was still yelling into it, even though I was sitting a foot away from her. What a silly girl!! I still don't think she gets it... :)

No comments: