I went to a Ladies Night Out for my MOPS group the other night. They had women with home businesses set up tables so we could walk around and "shop" while hanging out and snacking on desserts. There were a lot of fun vendors there (
ThirtyOne,
Pampered Chef,
Scentsy, etc) but one really unique table. My friend, Carrie, (who is in MOPS with me) has taken it upon herself to raise money for an amazing organization called
SixtyFeet. Their mission statement is "Bringing hope and restoration to the imprisoned children of Africa." Carrie is very passionate about this cause and the way she is making money for them is by baking cupcakes. Literally, she is having a bake sale to aide children in Africa. I had heard her talk about this before, but didn't really pay much mind to it---until I saw the cupcakes!! This girl is going to get a lot of attention with this bake sale because not only is this a worthy cause, her cupcakes are AMAZING!!! I just had a get a couple to bring home to my kids and of course, they loved them.

For those who are wondering, Carrie does NOT do this professionally! She said that the most fun part is making the cupcakes with her 4-year old daughter. How sweet!!
Just a reminder: Eat your veggies. And butter. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment