Friday, July 1, 2011

Not a Doctor....

The other day, Hannah fell down while we were walking on a sidewalk and scraped her knee. It wasn't bad but there was a little bit of blood. As I was cleaning it up, Caleb said very matter-of-factly, "I am NOT going to look at it. I do NOT like blood."
I jokingly said, "Well, then you're probably not going to be a doctor when you grow up, huh?"
He said, "No, I'm going to be a policeman." I kind of chuckled and then explained that policemen also have to be okay with blood, since they're first on the scene for car accidents and things like that. Caleb thought about it and said, "Well, that's okay then. I'll be a fireman." I laughed again and told him that firemen were just like policemen when it came to helping in emergencies. In an exasperated voice, Caleb said, "Ugh.....well, fine then! I guess I'll just be a lawyer because there's no blood with THAT!"

I think he's found his calling. :)

No comments: