Monday, August 15, 2011

Freckles

It's no secret that Hannah gets her beautiful red hair from her father and also no surprise that redheads often have lots of freckles. So, for years, I've mentioned here and there to Hannah about having freckles on her cheeks "like her daddy", and all of a sudden, this year, we can see a few of them. We were on a road trip recently and Hannah randomly started crying. Chris and I were a little alarmed because it was such a sudden onset of emotion so we asked her why she was crying. Her response: "I'm getting freckles just like my daddy and that means I have to be a daddy when I grow up but I don't want to be a daddy. I want to be a mommy." It was so cute and so innocent that she truly believed that she would have to become a daddy instead of a mommy now that she was getting freckles. Needless to say, we explained it all to her (telling her that she can never be a daddy, etc) and I'll also be trying to watch how I say things to her from now on!!

No comments: