* We recently went on a trip to Door County, WI, which just so happens to be "Cherry Country". Everything is about cherries: cherry pie, cherry wine, cherry orchards, etc. One night, we ate dinner at a restaurant that was just covered in cherry decor. The dinner was a fish boil, which shouldn't have been a problem since both of my older kids love any kind of fish. Caleb was a little put off by the presentation of the fish, which still had the bones in it and also the skin on it. He decided to skip past the fish on his plate, transferred the potatoes from his plate to mine (he's not a potato fan) and concentrated on eating all of the bread that he had taken in the buffet line. "Mom, I need more bread. Ask for more bread for me," he said when the bread was gone.
I told him, "I'm not going to get more bread for you until you eat some fish."
"Yea, well," Caleb responded. "I'm not going to eat some fish until you yell out 'Cherry Delight!'" It was such a random statement and he had such a serious look on his face that I couldn't help but laugh out loud. Turns out, there was a little sign on our table advertising a local boutique who's name just happened to be "Cherry Delite". :)
* Caleb and Hannah decided to watch the new Disney movie "Tangled" one afternoon. They had already seen it once before but Caleb warned Hannah that there were a lot of "bad guys" in the movie. "Will you protect me then, Caleb?" she asked.
"You know I will," Caleb said. Awww....that certainly makes up for any arguing they do throughout the day!!
* Caleb and Hannah had dentist appointments today to fill some of their teeth. (Not all cavities, if you're wondering. Hannah had a dent that they were filling to prevent from future cavities and Caleb had the beginnings of two small ones himself.) Anyhoo, the kids go to a really awesome pediatric dentist who let's the kids wear a "monkey nose" when they get fillings done. Of course, the monkey nose is really the "laughing gas" and as Caleb found out once before, it's really fabulous. I was interested to see what kind of reaction the gas would give to Hannah and let me tell you, it was a funny one. Instead of relaxing and going to la-la land like most people, the laughing gas made Hannah talk more!! If you've been around Hannah any time recently, you might be thinking, "she can talk more???" Yes, we found out she can. She told the dentist all about how the babysitter was at our house with Connor and how she was going to invite her friend over for a play date soon and that her birthday was coming up and that she has three loose teeth (even though the dentist knew that she doesn't really....she's just trying to be like her big brother). She talked and talked and finally had to stop talking because the dentist asked her to open her mouth. You'd think that would stop her, right? Once he put some little sponge things in her mouth, she started asking him questions about what color he was "painting" her tooth (blue, he said---haha) and about everything else that he was doing. (Take a wad of tissue, shove it in your mouth and try to talk. That's what Hannah sounded like with the sponges in her mouth.) The dentist was very amused and even more so when we left and Hannah absolutely begged me to make "another appointment" so she could come back and get the monkey nose again. I'm thinking that telling my kids they will get cavities if they don't brush their teeth won't quite be motivation for them from now on....
* As it is turning out, Caleb and Hannah are not the only stinkers in the house these days: Connor is trying to keep up with them. He's crawling (army crawling for the most part) all over the place and often tries to find any sort of power cord that he can. Yesterday, I caught him at the last second right before he was about to pull a lamp down on him (twice!) and just now, he crawled past me---naked!! Apparently, he has also learned how to take his diaper off. *sigh* This is all too early for me but it sure does keep me on my toes!!! (I should also mention that he tried with all of his might to follow his siblings up the stairs yesterday but only got halfway onto the first step. He really surprised himself when he rolled off the step onto the hardwood floor so I doubt he'll be trying that again for awhile. Or, at least, I hope he won't try that again for awhile...)
Monday, August 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Cherry Delight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I think I am going to wet my pants! That is hilarious!
Post a Comment