Tuesday, September 20, 2011
Insomnia!
I am not one of those people who normally has trouble sleeping. Quite the opposite in fact---I could use about 10 hours of sleep a night! However, now that school has started and my kids are in bed by 7:30pm, I notice that I stay up just as late as I did over the summer. Last year, before preschool was over, my kids had a pretty strict 8:00 bedtime. When summer rolled around, we were more relaxed, letting the kids go to bed an hour past that and maybe later if they were watching a movie. I was so tired every morning when Chris would leave for work and ended up complaining that it was because the kids stay up so late, therefore I stay up late because I'm catching up on TiVo (TV...yea...I'm lame!) or getting things done around the house. When school started a couple weeks ago, I thought for sure I'd go to bed early. However, it's the opposite! Chris always stayed up later than I did but now, he goes to bed while I stay up to watch the 10 o'clock news and catch up on email. Even now, I'm the only one awake. The dog even "asked" to go to bed (he sleeps in his kennel in the basement) so it's just me and the frog here, although the frog seems to be sleeping, too. I should probably use this time to do more useful things but I kind of feel like it's the only time of my day when I'm alone, so maybe that's why I stay up??? Who knows. One thing is for sure: I'm going to be one tired mama tomorrow!! (As usual!) :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment