I've mentioned to some of you how Hannah's been having a hard time recently. First, she had to watch her brother get all sorts of attention for his birthday (several days of celebration) and then watched her big brother get even more attention when the first day of school rolled around. It's hard for her to understand that her birthday is a way's away and asks every night at bedtime, "Is tomorrow my birthday???" Her brother was nice enough to spend a little bit of his birthday money on his little sister and bought a new My Little Pony for her after he picked out what he wanted to buy for himself. (It was all his idea to get the pony for her and it was such a thoughtful gesture!) Hannah was fine for a few days when everything was back to "even" until tonight when a whole new "all eyes are on Caleb" issue arose. I read a book to Hannah before bed, while Caleb was in his room reading to himself. He ended up bringing his book into Hannah's room where us girls were hanging out and I told him that I'd like to listen to him read his book (so I could see how well he was doing with it). This ended up making Hannah very upset because SHE wanted to read the book. If Caleb was going to read it, she wanted to read it, too! She came over to where I was sitting and whispered in my ear that it just wasn't fair how Caleb got to read the book and she couldn't. She seemed so confident so I said to her, "Go ahead and read it then."
"But I can't read by myself!!" she said and then she started to cry. The poor three-year old wants to do everything that her big brother can do so I promised that I'd teach her to read tomorrow. We'll see how it goes!
Sunday, September 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment