Thursday, March 15, 2012

Donuts

I'm a sucker for raised-glazed-frosted-sprinkled donuts that a lot of our local grocery stores carry. I really only let the kids get them every now and then when we go to a particular store and I usually get one for myself at that time, too. (Shhh! Don't tell! It's my secret!) Anyway, we went to said store the other day and Caleb, Hannah and myself each picked out a donut. Hannah and I got identical ones but the difference between her and I is that she completely forgot that she even GOT a donut and didn't eat it. Caleb and I, however, ate ours as soon as we stepped through the doorway 10 minutes after buying them. Yesterday, Hannah was asking for a snack. I reminded her that she still had her delicious donut because she didn't eat it the day before. I said, "So, you can have that for a snack, but it's kind of big, so maybe you should split it with me."

"Sure!" Hannah said.

Then, Big Brother burst my bubble of donut-bliss: "Mom, you ate YOUR donut yesterday. Hannah gets to eat all of hers by herself. You don't get a donut every day, you know!"

Since when did HE become the parent and I become the child? Okay, fine....I let Hannah have her donut all to herself. I guess I didn't need it anyways. :)

No comments: