We have not jumped on the "iPad bandwagon" yet but have been considering it now that a new iPad is going on the market tomorrow. Chris even mentioned (out loud) that he could go to a 24-hour Walmart near us and get one at midnight tonight if we wanted him to. I was indifferent to him getting one tonight or not, but Caleb was down-right ecstatic about it. He started talking about all the "apps" he wants to download and all the games he's going to play on the new iPad. Finally, he started begging that Chris take him with when he goes to Walmart. Mind you, Chris hadn't even decided if he was going to go or not (we even had to "google" to see where the closest 24-hour Walmart was to us) so we kept telling Caleb "no". I ended up letting the kids stay up later than usual and finally tucked them in around 10:00pm. Caleb was still buzzing about the iPad.
"Mom, I can just stay up for two hours, okay?"
"No, Caleb. Go to sleep."
"Mom, just have Dad wake me up."
"No, Caleb. Go to sleep."
Now, Caleb is the hardest sleeper I have ever met in my life. This child can sleep through practically anything and trying to wake him up is virtually impossible. I know this, so I ended up saying, "Okay, Dad will try to wake you up when he goes", trying to end the conversation, knowing that Caleb would eventually fall asleep.
Unfortunately, we've used this trick before and poor Caleb has missed out on early morning fishing trips and other fun stuff all because he's hard to wake up. So, he said, "Tell Dad to just pick me up and buckle me in the car. No, wait, tell him to just slap my face if I don't wake up." What?! Slap your face?! Apparently, for Caleb, getting an iPad is worth being slapped in the face. This makes me worried for his high school years and especially worried for what Caleb will do for the next new piece of technology, which, unbeknown to him, is probably coming out next week. I'm thinking that it wouldn't be such a bad thing to wait awhile for an iPad... To be continued, I guess!! :)
Thursday, March 15, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment