Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Hate is a Four-Letter Word

Hannah knows how to write all of her letters and a few words, but asks us how to spell various words on a daily basis. Today, she was mad at me for not letting her play longer with her friend. She pulled out a marker and a piece of paper and casually asked me, "How do you spell 'hate'?"

I said, "L-O-V-E."

"Oh, okay," she said and wandered off with her paper. She came back a couple minutes later with a smug look on her face and said, "Here, Mom."

I read her writing on the paper, "'I love Mom'. How sweet, Hannah!"

She was so frustrated that I told her how to spell the opposite of what she wanted to say and I thought it was a pretty good trick on my part. :)

*************************************

It's a beautiful sunny day today so the kids have one thing on their mind: camping in the backyard with their dad. They discussed this as we were running errands earlier, and asked if they could camp-out tonight. When I told them that it's still not warm enough outside, Caleb came up with a great plan: "Let's have Grandma stay at our house with Connor for a few days while we go into the woods and see if we can survive."

"Well....what if we can't survive?" I asked him, thinking that he didn't mean his idea to be as life-or-death as it sounded.

"Don't worry, Mom. We'll bring Dad's hunting rifle, a fishing rod and credit cards so we can buy whatever we want."

I guess he's got it all figured out.

No comments: