Wednesday, February 29, 2012

What's In a Name?

I haven't posted in awhile but this was a kind of cute story that you might want to read. The back-story is that Hannah is friends with a little neighbor girl named Anna. Anna is very nice but since she's a year older than Hannah, Hannah usually ends up following Anna wherever she (Anna) wants to go and doing the things that Anna wants to do. Hannah doesn't mind one bit because she just adores Anna and thinks that Anna is the greatest person ever.

The other day, we were sitting in the kitchen and Hannah randomly said, "I think Jesus picked my name to be Hannah because someone thought of the name Han and he wanted to make my name longer."

I said, "Well....you know, Mom and Dad actually picked out your name. God knew that you would be named Hannah but he let us pick your name."

"Oh," she said, thinking about this for a minute or two. Then, she gave me a really stern look and said, "Well, you should have named me ANNA."

Sheesh! She's one tough critic, I think. :)

No comments: