Monday, May 14, 2012

Chef Caleb

Caleb is quite the self-sufficient child lately.  He often wakes up before anyone else in the house and usually decides to make his own breakfast.  This morning, both he and his sister were eating cereal with milk when I came downstairs.  When he came home from school today, he had an idea.  He pulled out the toaster, three plates, two butter knives, the butter and some cinnamon-sugar.  He told me that he was going to make "french toast just like at a restaurant".  Well...I guess he doesn't know how to make real french toast so what he ended up making was cinnamon toast, but he was very meticulous about it.  He put the dry toast on the first plate to butter it, put it on the second plate to add the cinnamon and cut it, then stacked the strips on the third plate.  I was very impressed!!



(Don't you like your toast HEAVY on the cinnamon-sugar, too???)  :p

No comments: