Monday, May 7, 2012

KidCreate

Over the weekend, the older two kids and I got a chance to check out a really fun new place.  It's called KidCreate Studio and it's an art studio just for kids.  A few weeks ago, my mom sent an email to me asking about this place and I had never heard of it.  I did a little digging and it turned out that one was just about to open near us.  Their grand opening was this weekend and it was a free walk-in time to check out some crafts and see what their studio is all about.  My kids are VERY into crafts these days.  Every day they are begging to paint and they go through a ream of paper every couple weeks just making pictures and signs for whatever imaginary scenario they are thinking up at the time, so I thought this would be perfect for them.  As it turns out, it's just up their alley!

Caleb made a t-rex out of clay (but it was so big that I wouldn't let him take it home because I felt like we were using up all of their clay...) and Hannah made three owls out of toilet paper rolls, paint, feathers, etc.


They had such a great time that I signed them up right then and there for one class in June, plus they each picked a summer week-long camp that they would like to go to (Hannah's is about princesses, of course, and Caleb's is about Star Wars).  This place caters to children starting at age 18 months so I think this will be place we'll enjoy for years to come!!  So excited to have another place to take the kids that will encourage the creative sides of them.  (Not to mention, a place that has summer camps so we don't all go insane of boredom this summer!!)  :)

No comments: