Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Two-Wheeler

Last year, we didn't have many opportunities to really teach Caleb how to ride a two-wheeler bike without training wheels.  Chris got far enough to take the training wheels off the bike, but Caleb wasn't actually balancing or riding on his own yet.  So, when both kids came to us asking for new bikes this year, we told them that we'd buy them new bikes once Caleb could ride his by himself.  This last weekend, Caleb asked if he could try again, so Chris pushed Caleb on his bike around our cul-de-sac for a bit.  Then, Chris had the great idea to have Caleb ride around a parking lot near us because it was a longer flat area.  So, spur of the moment, we all piled into the van and I brought the video camera.  After about four attempts, Caleb finally got the hang of it and rode across the entire parking lot by himself. 



He was so proud of himself and even did the funniest victory dance I've ever seen.  (He'd make a great touch-down football player someday!)  I guess it's time for us to do a little bit of bike shopping! 

Random side note: when you look at this picture, you might be asking yourself why Caleb is wearing shorts over his pants.  Well, we don't actually have any pads for his arms or legs so he made his own by wearing THREE layers of clothes.  Yes, he is wearing sweat pants under the blue pants, plus two long sleeved shirts over a short sleeved shirt.  Quite impressive, if I do say so myself.

(P.S. I'm not posting the videos because they are super long.  If I were techy enough to know how to edit them and show you just the successful part of Caleb's bike riding, I would, but don't get your hopes up.  I'm video-illiterate!!)  :)

No comments: