Tuesday, June 19, 2012
Crazy Night
Last night was just an all-round crazy night. First off, Chris and I went to bed kind of late, which is our routine during the summers. (The kids go to bed later so we end up staying up later. It's a vicious cycle.) Anyhoo, I went to bed before Chris and checked on all the kids. Chris stayed up to work on a broken computer and when he came to bed, he brought our portable weather radio into our room because he thought it would storm over night. Well, the storms woke us up around 4:00 am and kept us up for awhile (because our big weather radio kept going off and we ended up losing power). I, however, must have been waking up between crazy dreams because at one point, I woke up IN OUR CLOSET. Yes, you read that correctly. I sleep-walked into our walk-in closet and was dreaming about a strange scenario. When I finally woke up, I had no idea where I was and was feeling around the racks of clothes. I almost wanted to laugh when I realized I was in the closet since I haven't been a sleep-walker since I was a kid (that I know of). So, needless to say, after all that waking up, Chris and I weren't exactly refreshed this morning. Our weather radio went off again around 6:00am saying that we were in for another big storm, but I fell back asleep and didn't hear that one. By the time I rolled out of bed at 9am (yes, I got the baby to sleep that late so I could sleep, too!), the power was still out and it ended up going back on about 30 minutes later. (Good thing because we almost had to call all the food in the fridge a loss. The kids certainly got a lesson about power outages: don't open the fridge!). Let's hope tonight is less hectic because apparently we're due for MORE storms. I'm exhausted just thinking about it!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment