"Intense" is about the best way I can describe him. He is precious and cuddly and ornery and getting less agreeable by the day. I say that in a "we're going through the terrible 2's" kinda way. He's still the least picky eater of all three kids but he needs to have some of EVERYTHING on his plate. If Hannah puts ketchup on her plate, he needs some, too. If Caleb takes broccoli AND carrots, he needs both, too. He wants to be included and he'll make sure you don't forget that he wants some, too! He has also started to say "no"...to everything.
"Do you want some yogurt?"
"No."
"Do you want to go bye-bye?"
"No."
"Can I change your diaper?"
"No."
Most of the time it's cute but then there are the times like today when I asked him to stop standing on the kitchen table....and he said "no". Speaking of the kitchen table, while he was up there, he unscrewed the light bulb from the light fixture (luckily, it was off, but it was also the size of his head). He was extremely proud of himself. He also loves to climb OVER the backs of the couches now so I pushed our big family room couch up against the wall. Now, he sits on the back of it and plays with the decorations that I have the wall, which makes me wonder which is worse: the decorations getting ruined or him climbing over the couch? (I think I'll leave the couch where it's at until further notice.) I thought of writing this post a few minutes ago when I asked Chris to put the Cozy Coupe car in the basement for the time being. Why, you ask? Oh, you know...because the 19-month old is able to single-handedly climb on top of it and then STAND on top of it, potentially falling to some horrible injury. If you don't know what a Cozy Coupe looks like, here's a picture of it:

So, for now, the car is off-limits, which also lowers my blood-pressure a little bit. :)
What else does Connor do now? Besides climbing on everything, he is amazing in other aspects as well. He already has a great imagination. He has quite a few Little People figurines and also Sesame Street characters and when he plays with him, he pretends that they are talking, laughing or crying. It's pretty awesome to watch and I sometimes sit quietly in his bedroom doorway or just outside the playroom to watch him, unnoticed. He's also great at imitating sounds even if his language isn't very easy to understand. Of all the words we can understand from him, he says about 40 words now (only 5 or 10 are words that others would understand right away) and it's neat that he finally says "Hannah" (Nana) and Caleb ("Ga-ga"). He also says "thank you" when you hand him anything that he wants and I'm amazed that he picked that up so quickly and has stuck with it.
I guess, in my mind, it's really neat to think back to Connor's birth and how fast and intense that was. I should have guessed that if he came into the world with such gusto, he'd have that much gusto in life. To see this normal, healthy (and big!) little boy run around all day (and really make me tired) is such a blessing...but I better make sure to always have the coffee pot ready for action. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment