Wednesday, August 1, 2012

"New" Bike

Today is August 1st which makes me wonder how the summer has gone by so fast.  One example of things we haven't done this summer that we planned to do is ride our bikes more.  My bike is still hanging from the ceiling of our garage and Caleb has barely been able to perfect his "no training wheels" talents.  We had promised both Caleb and Hannah each a new bike for the summer but the summer slipped away and now the season is practically over.  I'm thinking a new bike would make an awesome birthday gift for Caleb but Hannah's birthday isn't until winter.  So, that said, I just so happened to stumble across a posting on a local garage sale site advertising a Barbie bike for a mere $20.  It was right up Hannah's alley so the long and the short of it is, she just got a "new" bike. 


She's thrilled to ride it, even though she is extremely apprehensive since it's a little bigger than the very small Thomas the Tank Engine bike she was riding before.  (Poor thing deserves a "girl" bike after riding her brother's hand-me-down bikes for the last two years!)  I feel so smart about the purchase because I've never bought a used bike before.  The girl who was selling it had just turned 7 and it was very hard for her to give up her beloved Barbie bike.  Luckily, she got a chance to see that it was going to another little girl who would love it and take care of it, so that made her feel better.  I guess we should dust off the rest of the family bikes and get out there while we can!!

No comments: