We headed out for my last MOMS Club meeting as VP. Thank goodness! I had the easiest job, I know, but it is very freeing to let go of all responsibility. I don't know if I've mentioned this in previous posts, but I'm giving up all of my leadership positions in MOMS and MOPS. I don't want to be in charge of anything but my kids! (And Chris? Yes, him, too.) It feels so good to let everything go for once! Anyways (don't I always get off-track?), we went to the monthly meeting and it was pretty fun. Then we went to the pediatrician for Hannah's 6-month check-up. Now, I'm sure you'll hear this again, but we LOVE our pediatrician. He's awesome! Even so, I was nervous about bringing both kids with me alone since Chris has come to every other appointment with us. I was mostly worried about Caleb's behavior and holding Hannah down when she got her shots. Once again, my husband used his brilliance and suggested that I bring the Ipod for Caleb. Chris downloaded Dora episodes on his Ipod and whenever we need Caleb to sit quietly in public, we whip it out! The Ipod combined with a pack of Princess fruit snacks, and Caleb was a peach. Hannah was pretty mad when she got her shots, but she recovered quickly. Her stats are as follows:
Weight: 17 lbs. 8 oz (75-90th percentile)
Height: 26.5 inches (75-90th percentile)
Head: 17 inches (50-75th percentile)
I talked to the doctor about what to do if Hannah rolls over in her bed and falls asleep on her tummy. He said not to worry because if she is doing it on her own, then she should be okay. She has never done it before, but wouldn't you know? I put her to sleep in her crib when we got home and this is what I found when I went to check on her:

Fast asleep on her tummy. Oh, well! (I have the loudest camera ever so when I took this picture, she woke up, looked at me with a "what the heck?" expression, and went back to sleep.) All in all, she is a healthy little girl who is ahead of the game in her development. Whoo-hoo!
Tonight is book club so I'll be sure to post if anything interesting happens. When you get 10 women together with lots of wine and good food, we usually don't talk about the book we read. :)
2 comments:
We have book club tomorrow. What book are you reading? I think I need to start picking books because I haven't been crazy about either of the ones we have read so far! :) Maybe you can give me some suggestions!
Little Einsteins is fabulous! Higgly Town Heros too...until the songs get stuck in your head. We haven't watched them in a while, but I can sing the Little Einstein song if you want...want me too?? lol
Post a Comment