skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Enjoying the Sun
Today we were finally able to enjoy the summer sun. I say "finally" because yesterday was a major lazy day, complete with PJs until dinner time and three hours of Nickelodeon. Caleb didn't seem to mind at all, but I still felt like I owed him. So, we decided to go to Teddy Bear Park, in Stillwater today. There were going to be lots of my MOMS Club friends there as well. We had planned to get to the park by 10am, but after a few setbacks, we didn't leave until just after that. One of the setbacks was when I thought I lost my wedding rings. I had remembered that I put them in my pocket while lathering up the kids with sunscreen. When I went to put them on, they weren't there! I was freaking out and running around the house like crazy. About 10 minutes later--when I was practically crying and about to call Chris to tell him the bad news--I found them. They were in my OTHER pocket. Hint: I'm not great in an emergency. Anyways, the other setback would be the discovery of doggie doodoo on Caleb's sandals. They are his only pair of sandals, so I had to decide what to do. As it turned out, I let him wear the sandals, but not in the car and the mention of doggie doodoo created a huge discussion with Caleb on the way to the park. It started with doggie doodoo and talking about Jack, and led to Caleb remembering that a bird "doodoo-ed" on the Tahoe. Grandma Peggy should be proud: Caleb's main concern was what kind of bird did the deed. "Maybe it was a robin?" he suggested. Now, when I see bird poop on my car, I usually grumble about needing to wash my car rather than ponder what type of bird did it, so I was a little surprised. I guess we'll never know what bird did it, but Caleb can speculate until the cows come home.
Anyways, back to the day! We got to the park and stayed for about an hour. This park is SO AWESOME! It's privately owned so it's nice and clean. There are hardly any shaded areas, however, so I made sure the kids were stocked with SPF 50. Even so, Hannah was getting very pink in the face (despite her sun hat, as well) and Caleb was getting very sweaty after an hour. We left soon after that and headed home for naps (which were quite short, mind you.)
Here are a couple of pictures from the park. Caleb was having a great time and didn't want to stop and pose, so most of the pictures I took were action shots. To stall our departure at the end, he decided that he wanted to take pictures with each of the bear statues in the park.
Bubble Boy:

Peek-a-Boo!

My Little Rock Climber:

Gotta love those teddy bears!

I think "annoyed" is the only word I can use to describe how Hannah felt about the park. It was hot, it was sunny, I made her wear a stupid hat....she really didn't have a good time. However, once we got home, she was all smiles. (I guess she's a home-body like her mother...) Her latest thing is rolling ALL OVER the floor. She rolls until she bumps into something, and if she doesn't like the thing she bumps into, she screams for you to come and get her. So far, rolling over in her crib hasn't been too much of an issue because she only does it when she wakes up in the morning. After her short nap this afternoon, she was fussing up in her crib. When I went up there, she was lying flat on her face. I started laughing and she looked up with an expression that only said "Yea, you think this is funny? Well, laugh all you want, lady, 'cause you're the one who gets to change my diaper."
2 comments:
I LOVE the teddy bear park!! We went after it opened and Boo had a blast. If it wasn't so far from us we would go more often I think.
This sounds like a very fun day for Caleb...but you would never know that Hannah was even at the park! Where are the pictures of her??? LOL! Next time you go, you'll have to bring a beach umbrella for Hannah to sit under. It works great and that way you won't have to worry about her being in the sun. I really like Teddy Bear Park. Now I want to go there, too!
Post a Comment