skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Caleb and Zoe
Ok, we're back in town and boy, are we ready for a vacation! Just kidding...kind of. Have any of you noticed that when you take a vacation with small children, you need to take a vacation without them right after?? (Those who are still living B.C.--before children--be warned!!) I guess our weekend trip wasn't really considered "vacation" per se, but it was a trip, nonetheless. We went to Marshalltown to visit my birth mother and her side of the family. We have really gotten to know everyone down there since we met them two years ago and enjoy their company. Plus, Chris and I have been blessed with children who do not mind change, therefore, sleeping over in a hotel for a few nights is no biggie. Hannah didn't have her precious jumperoo which seemed to get on her nerves a bit because our arms just weren't "bungee" enough for her, but she slept in the hotel pack'n'play like a champ. Caleb would have been an absolute peach all weekend if it weren't for my half-sister's daughter, Zoe (who is 3 months younger than Caleb). Now, Zoe is a doll. I love Zoe. Zoe is awesome. But, Zoe + Caleb = CRAZY HYPERNESS!! Without Caleb around, I'm sure Zoe is a really mellow kid. I know that without Zoe in the picture, Caleb sure is well-behaved. However, when you put these two together, there is screaming (high-pitched happiness), running from one end of the house to another, and things get broken. These kids are like two bulls in a really expensive china shop. Chris, myself, and Zoe's parents were on edge all of Friday night and all of Saturday. At one point, I sat right down in front of a glass cabinet because I was afraid one of the kids would accidentally fall into it. Yes, it was a bit stressful. Despite the craziness, both Caleb and Zoe are absolutely adorable and they really love each other. I realized when we got home a few hours ago that we really didn't get many good pictures at all. Nothing "frame-worthy", that's for sure. At least my pictures were able to capture the moments we want to remember.....

Isn't this picture just OOZING with energy?!? You're probably wondering how we got them to sit still, right? It's my secret and I'm not telling! (Ok, it was bribery...)

Hannah: "Get me the heck out of here!!!"
On Saturday night when we got back to the hotel, Chris and I were so stressed and worn out. We love visiting with the family, but is chasing Caleb all around really quality visiting time? Heck, no! Even though we were tired, we got up early on Sunday to get out the door in time for breakfast. It turned out to be the best part of the weekend! Zoe took the morning off and decided to sleep in, so Caleb and Hannah were the only kids at the house. They were so mellow and wonderful! At one point, Caleb even climbed up on the couch and fell asleep all by himself. (That doesn't even happen at home, so I was thrilled!) The Marshalltown family finally got to see the mellow side of Caleb that we all know and love, and he even sang a few songs for everyone. It was the best time talking with Marlys (my birth mother), one of my half-sisters and Grandma Lois that I have ever had, and Chris had a great time talking with the guys. By the time it was time to head back up to Minnesota, we were recharged and relaxed and making plans to return again next year. We even got home early enough to pick up Jack from "camp" (the kennel) and take some naps before getting ready for our week. :)
1 comment:
Wow...they really look like they were up to no good! The look like they were having a great time, though! :)
Post a Comment