It is a VERY rainy day today. I can't say that I'm sad about it, however. I was scheduled to host a MOMS Club event at my home with 25-45 people (yes the attendance count was that broad) and while we were mostly going to be playing outside, there would be many people trampling through my house to use the restroom, etc. When I woke up this morning, I was in such a lazy mood and I really didn't want to entertain today. Luckily, the forecast called for rain, so by 11:30am when the rain was pouring down, I was able to cancel the event and stay in my PJs. Unfortunately for me, the sun started to come out around 2pm and I got very nervous that people would show up anyways. Now, it is just after 3:30pm (the time that everyone was due to arrive), and wouldn't you know? It's POURING!! Hooray! I mean....darn. ;)
While it has been a lazy day, I am actually dressed now. I can't say the same for my children, who have been thoroughly enjoying this day as well. Hannah thought that it was nighttime because of the dark rain clouds and slept for 4 hours today. (I think that might be her morning and afternoon nap combined, but we'll see.) It was nice because it gave me some "Mommy/Caleb" time for most of the day. Around the time Hannah was due to wake up, I realized that I had better get Caleb down for a nap or else I could kiss today's nap time "good-bye"! He settled down rather quickly, but of course, had to stall for awhile. I don't know if I've mentioned this in previous posts, but Caleb is the master at stalling. When Chris puts him to bed at night, Caleb is constantly asking for "one more song" and eventually, he starts with his random questions that are meant just to keep Chris in the room. "What is a star?" "What is Jesus?" "What is sleep?" Questions he knows the answers to and we remind him of that every time. Today for naptime, I was once again pretending to sleep next to him when he started poking my cheek.
"Mom? Open your eyes, Mom. I have a question."
"What is your question, Caleb?"
"I don't want the covers because they are too big and I want you to turn on that TV. Those are my two questions."
Not really questions, but comments, nonetheless. I pretty much ignored him which meant that my cheek was poked a good ten more times while he asked ten more "questions". Needless to say, he eventually quieted down about the time that Hannah woke up, and then I got some "Mommy/Hannah" time while Caleb slept. Pretty nice if you ask me!
I was also trying to take some video of Caleb and Hannah interacting so you could see how adorable they are together. Of course, Caleb was not cooperating very well---he wanted to speak in his own language which only a two-year old could understand. I didn't get the best part on video either. When I turned my back, Caleb stuck his finger in Hannah's mouth and kept it there while she bit on it.
"Caleb! What are you doing?"
"I stuck my finger in her mouth to see if her tounge is okay." Well, I guess that makes sense.....
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well of course he had to check out her tounge...what else would he do.
He is so cute. I love it!
Post a Comment