BEFORE:
AFTER:
Of course, this morning, I had the "Second-Day Blues". Oh, don't tell me you've never had them! It's when you can't get your hair to look just like the stylist did. For one, I used too much shampoo in the shower and had a moment of panic when I didn't feel 10 pounds of hair on my head. (That's right! I cut my hair yesterday....) Then, only knowing how to style my freakishly long hair, couldn't figure out what the heck I was doing with product and my flat iron. I ended up making the style a little more funky today than it was yesterday, but I could use a little punk in my life so it's all good. The change was a hit today with my MOMS Club friends and Chris loves it, too. The whole thing was a big surprise to Chris since he didn't know that I was going to cut my hair. I schemed with his mother and she watched the kids while I went to the salon. I even went out and bought a new outfit (I am the proud new owner of LEGGINGS! Yes, that style is apparently coming back???). I felt pretty cute when I met up with Chris for happy hour in Minneapolis and he was thoroughly surprised. In a good way, of course!
Cute "random Caleb" thing of the day: I really have a love-hate relationship with the DVD player in my Tahoe. I love how it can make my son be very quiet and entertained while on long trips, but I hate how Caleb SCREAMS to watch Dora every time we are driving for more than a mile. Today was one of those days when I decided the tantrum would be better than actually giving in to Caleb's demands. I turned off the DVD player and flipped it up so he couldn't see the screen. Caleb cried and cried and screamed his lovely little "two-year-old-tantrum" scream. All of a sudden he stopped. I actually had to look back to see if he had stopped breathing or something. He was staring at his hands.
"What are you doing, buddy?"
"My hands are all wet."
"Why are they all wet?"
"I wiped my hands on my face and got cry all over them."
I totally didn't correct him. :)
5 comments:
Hi, Katie! I just found your blog and am enjoying catching up with you guys. And, hey, nice mini makeover - you look great! You might have noticed I had a little trim recently myself - all the cool people are doing it.
:)
HAHAHA! Caleb cracks me up! He's so darn cute!
And I love the haircut! I think it's adorable. You may have even motivated me to get a cut! I'm about due for a trim anyhow!
And I forgot to say how much I liked the shirt you had on! Great color!
LOVE the haircut!!! You are SO cute!!
I love it!! Super cute, and very you!
Your new hair is ADORABLE!!
You look grown up!!
Post a Comment