Sunday, June 29, 2008

Crazy Busy!

I feel like I haven't even looked at this for so long and it's only been three days! Sorry for not changing the "Daily Quotes", if that is something that you keep up with. :)

Our busy weekend started on Friday evening when my parents came over to watch the kids and Chris and I went out with other MOMS Club couples for a "Couples Night Out". Usually, it's like pulling teeth to get Chris out with other couples that he doesn't know, but once we walked in the door to the bowling place, he saw that this was going to be a fun bunch of people. We didn't bowl at a traditional bowling alley---we bowled in a church! Yes, you read that right! Actually, I think it is now a catholic school, but it used to be a church and it was really awesome! There were six lanes, which worked well because there were six couples. We were allowed to bring munchies and beer so of course, we all arrived fully stocked. I really thought I would kick Chris' patooty at bowling since I'm so good at it on the Wii (wink wink), but not tonight! Our first game was so close---my final score was 110 and Chris' was 112. We had made some bets, but since we played some fun bowling games for the rest of the night, we decided to throw our betting out the window and just be a team. What's bowling without a little competition? A pretty darn good time!

I do have to say that Saturday morning was the highlight of my weekend. For Mother's Day, Chris got a gift certificate to Rocco Altobelli for me. Rocco's is a chain salon but I love their Woodbury location for spa treatments. We have been so busy lately that I haven't had a chance to use my gift yet, so Saturday morning, I decided to take a mini-vacation and get it done! I had an hour-long massage, an hour-long facial and a wonderful pedicure. The nail girl that did my toes is a professional nail artist (yes, I guess there is such a job!) so I told her that she could do whatever she wanted with the paint job. At first, I didn't think I was going to like it, but by the time she was done, I was completely sold! Let's just say, I WILL be going to here for all of my toe-nail painting needs from now on! I know how much you all like to look at pictures of other people's feet, but you're just going to have to see my toes in person if you want to see the cool art. :)

After my relaxation time that morning, it was time to get my tush in gear at home. Saturday night, we hosted three couples (friends from Chris' past) and their kids for dinner. It turned out to be 18 people altogether so I had to do some situating in our kitchen/sunroom/dining room to figure out where everyone would sit. While it was a little awkward trying to get chairs for everyone, etc, I think it went pretty smoothly. Of course, we always gotta do it big, so we had yummy steak, corn on the cob and baked potatoes. Cheesecake and cookies for dessert and you better believe that the drinks were flowing! Everyone stayed until about 10pm, which means the little ones were slap-happy and ready for bed. Caleb's friend Evan put on his PJs so I assumed that Caleb would want to as well. Nope! Not until Evan's sister, Ellie, put on her adorable Tinker Bell night gown did Caleb want to put on his. He stuck with Ellie for the rest of the night (at first we couldn't tell if he had a crush on Ellie or a crush on Tinker Bell) and by the end of the night, he was hugging Ellie and holding her hand. She's 4-years old, so I guess Caleb likes the older women, which is fine for now! :) (I have a picture of them together but I'll post it later.)

I left the tables and chairs up when everyone left on Saturday night because I was doing more hosting this morning (Sunday). I hosted my MOMS Club annual "End-of-the-Year brunch". There were about 10 women altogether and we all brought some delicious food to share. Chris took the kids shopping while the ladies were over which made me a little bit nervous because his type of shopping is a tad more impulsive than mine. I was sure that he'd come home with a 4-wheeler for Caleb or something big like that, but nope. All he bought was a DVD, which I guess is pretty good considering how it could have turned out. :)

Tonight, we are going to head up to Bob and Sue's for Sunday dinner as usual. They have been out of town so our Sunday routine has changed for a few weeks. It will be nice to have some "normality" in our schedule after such a busy weekend. I'm the only one not taking a nap at the moment so maybe I should wrap this up and get a few minutes of shut-eye while the timing is right. :)

2 comments:

The Fritz Facts said...

You were busy this weekend!

I love getting the toes done. It is nice and relaxing. Good for you taking the time for you!!

Anonymous said...

I would love to see the toes! The chances of me seeing them in person soon are pretty slim...so you should send me a picture! :)