Monday, June 30, 2008

Ugh....Mondays.

What's up with Mondays? I don't work outside of the home, but it's even hard for me to get going on Mondays. During the school year, we took a class at 9am on Monday mornings and it was torture to drag myself out of bed and get all ready for the day that early. Give me a class at that time on any other day of the week and I'll be out the door by 8:30am, but on Mondays, I just can't do it! All the moms from the class thought it would be a great idea to meet at different parks every Monday throughout the summer at 9:30am. Let's just say, this is the third week we have missed it. I take any excuse to stay in my PJs all morning. Today, Caleb happened to wake up with a tummy-ache, which isn't exactly something to jump for joy over, but I was thrilled for any excuse not to have to do my hair. :) Although I am lazy by nature and am currently wearing sweatpants, I do have to admit that I am getting a lot of random things checked off my "to do" list today. First off, laundry. Not only am I washing tons of clothes, I also mentally reorganized my closet. Now, you may think that this sounds silly, but honestly, it's hard work. I stood in my closet for a good 10 minutes and decided what kind of new containers I would need to hold my purses and shoes and where exactly I would put them. Whew! Hard work, I tell ya!
Next on my list was make thank you cards for many various things, including my birthday gifts. If you were one of those fabulous people that thought enough about me to give me a gift on the 8th of June, you were probably wondering where the heck your hand-made thank you note (complete with my sloppy hand writing) was?? The answer is that they hadn't been made yet. I have REALLY been slacking on the card-making these days, partly because of lack of time and partly because of lack of creative energy. Hannah decided to catch up on sleep today (she is currently taking her second huge nap of the day) which ended up giving me some extra time to sit in my craft room and get stuff done! What a weight off my shoulders! (Your thank you card will be put in the mailbox this evening.) ;)
I've also been spending some time hand-washing all of the serving pieces and champagne glasses from the brunch yesterday which definitely took some motivation. I feel good now that it's done because it really makes a difference in my kitchen. You know when you spend a lot of time cleaning something or organizing something and your husband comes home and can't even tell a difference? Well, this is the opposite. I'm SURE Chris will come home and say "Oh! I can see the kitchen counters!" If that isn't satisfaction, then I don't know what is! :)

I also spent a minute or two looking over my pictures from the weekend and once again, I really didn't get any good ones. I spend too much time shouting for Caleb to look up at the camera that I've decided to take the mediocre pictures for what they are and try to get "good" pictures when Caleb is old enough to smile normally and look at the camera at the same time. No biggie---we always end up getting cute pictures eventually.

This is a picture of Caleb pretending to drink his "lemonade". If you will notice, this is a huge balloon that looks like a mug of beer. The Johnsons always bring over the best balloons, and this was one that they brought over on Saturday evening. We told Caleb that it is lemonade, so he's been holding onto the handle and walking around with it every chance he gets. (It's almost as big as he is!!)



While I was taking a picture of Caleb with the balloon, he wanted me to take one of his cool new dinosaur shirt. This is the shirt he got from "Walking With the Dinosaurs" and I thought it was really neat! As you can see, I got a big size so he can wear it for awhile....




Gotta show a pic of Hannah, too! I've mentioned that she is in "roll mode" lately, but what we didn't know is that she is probably going to be a mechanic when she grows up. (Daddy is sooo proud. He hopes that she has a specialty in Mustangs....) She has a tendency to roll under the coffee table and then sit there for long periods of time. Sometimes she is on her back under the table with her arms up in the air (as if she is working on a car), and sometimes she is on her tummy just watching the world go by. It was hard to get a really good picture of her from the angle Chris was at (you can see the couch in the way), but you get the idea!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hannah is so cute! She looks like she's going to be a sneaky one! :)

Glad you had some time to mentally organize your closet, too! :)