Today, Caleb has started doing something kind of funny: he has been telling riddles. It started with me, I guess, accidentally. I asked him (in true "Dorky Mom" fashion) if he was a bunny because I could see his long floppy ears and hopping feet. He looked at me like I was nuts and then smiled and said "What has a long beak and waddles around?" I have no idea. "A penguin!!" Wow! This sounded like a fun game so I said "What is really really big and swims in the ocean?" You know what Caleb said? "Mom, it also has a hole that blows out water." Well...if you're going to say some descriptions of an animal, you might as well say them all, I guess. This conversation has led to several more "riddles" throughout the day which is fine by me.
Also, for the record, I was wrong. Mark this on your calendar because I hardly ever say this. (Just kidding! I'm wrong a lot....) Yesterday, I told one or two of you that Caleb does not have an imaginary friend yet. I was very very wrong. As Chris was putting Caleb to bed last night, Caleb informed him that "Grandma Sasha" was going to be here in a "few minutes" and that she loves Caleb. That's literally what he said. "She loves me." Well, if you're going to create a fictional character, you might as well create ANOTHER grandma who loves you and spoils you. Grandma Sue and Grandma Gloria, you better watch out because Grandma Sasha is in the house! Whoever Grandma Sasha may be....
Now my daily blurb about Hannah, in case you thought I had forgotten. :) We can't forget about the little girl who has been giving her mother quite a headache this morning. I know, you never thought I'd say it, but Hannah is wearing me out today. All she wants to do is roll all over the floor and hold her own bottle. Independence, you say? Certainly, but it's exhausting because it's "high maintenance independence". She wants to be on the floor, but she wants me, the dog and her big brother on the floor with her. She wants her bottle only an ounce at a time and then she will throw it to the side and complain that her favorite toy is just out of her reach. I suppose I don't have anything better to do than indulge her, but if that's the case, then I'll need a second pot of coffee to keep me going. She normally naps about an hour after she wakes up, but this morning, she just wouldn't let herself fall asleep. When I put her in her crib, all she wanted to do was grab her cute little feet which would make her roll onto her side, which would remind her that she can roll onto her tummy, which would make her mad because she really wanted to fall asleep on her back, which would also remind me that I need to "roll proof" her crib today and take off the bumper....see? Now YOU have a headache. Anyways, she is dozing now (finally!) but please pray that she naps well this afternoon so mommy can nap, too! (Ah, precious precious shut-eye....)
Happy Rainy Day!
Friday, June 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Grandma Sasha huh? I guess it could have been worse...like Drop Dead Fred or something! At least it is a nice imaginary friend and not a crazy one. (I hope!)
I think you should make Hannah learn to crawl to her toys she wants. Then you don't have to get them. Or just put all her toys right next to her and she won't have any reason to roll. Trap her in a spot with them! :)
Boo had a friend named DUDE. I kid you not. That was his name, and of course it was a boy. He lasted about 6 months, but never got as far as setting place at the table.
Hannah is so cute. I love the in between stage, where they want to move but don't want to do it at the same time.
Your blogs crack me up Katie! :)
I can totally picture the stories you tell about the cute kid-lets!:)
Post a Comment