Sunday, June 15, 2008

Dinosaurs

Although today was Father's Day, we planned to do something special for Caleb. My brother and mom baby-sat Hannah so Caleb could have Chris and I all to himself. We went to "Walking with the Dinosaurs--LIVE!" Our expectations were very low: we assumed we would only get to see about 10 minutes of the show due to Caleb being scared. The tickets were pretty pricey but, as parents, we decided that trying not to scar our child for life was probably more important than trying to sit through the whole show. As it turns out, Caleb loved the show, as did Chris and myself. It wasn't very long, which was great for us, and it wasn't boring at all. The dinosaurs were AMAZING and we will definitely go again if it ever comes back to town. For the first half of the show, Caleb sat on Daddy's lap and watched the dinos very intently. For the second half of the show, he wanted to sit in his own seat and when I put my hand on his leg to comfort him during what I thought was a scary part, he pushed my hand away and then asked "Where are those mini donuts??" (Mom ate them.) My pictures of the dinosaurs did not turn out because I was having a war with my camera (the camera won), so if you want to see a YouTube clip of the T-Rex, click HERE. Caleb got a T-shirt and a light-up toy (how many light-up toys do we own now?? I can't count that high....) but I think it's the memory of the show that will stick with him the longest.


1 comment:

The Fritz Facts said...

You are so lucky! My kids were begging, and we just couldn't swing it. I am so glad that you guys had a great time, and Caleb wasn't scared.