Sunday, June 15, 2008

Ode to the Fathers.....

Today is the glorious day where we are able to celebrate the wonderful fathers in our lives. I have three fathers of whom I would like to honor on this day.

First is my dear husband. He is the father of my children and an all-round wonderful guy. He always makes time for our kids and really enjoys doing activities with them. He always does the things around the house that I deem "guy chores" and hardly ever complains about it! (wink wink!) He is the love of my life and I appreciate all that he does for our family.



Next, is my father, of course! He has always been there for me and helped me through every stage of my life. I can always count on him for any advice or help. He is also a wonderful grandpa. My favorite memory of growing up with my dad is how he always makes up songs or would make us sing in the car instead of listen to the radio. Of course, I may have complained and acted like I hated it at the time, but as an adult, I look back and laugh at the silly songs he came up with. Now, when I sing some of those songs to my kids, Caleb tells me, "You can't sing that song! That's Grandpa's song!" :)



Last but definitely not least is my wonderful father-in-law. In the past 5 years, I have come to think of him as "dad" as well. He is such a generous person with his home and with his time. I can see where my husband has learned to be a great father because my father-in-law does many of the same wonderful things that he does. He (my FIL) always makes time for my kids and our family. If Caleb was writing this, he would say that his favorite times with Grandpa are spent riding on the tractor and the Ranger and playing in the playhouse that Grandpa built for the grandkids. (P.S. When do I get to sleep over night in that thing????) ;)



Guys, thanks for being such great influences in our lives!

No comments: