Tuesday, June 17, 2008

From Toddler to Teenager....

Today Caleb fell asleep on our way home from preschool, so I put him on the couch in the sunroom to finish his nap. A couple of hours later, I heard him stir and when I looked over his eyes were open. I went over to the couch and laid down next to him. What he said next blew my mind!!

"Don't lay here, mom. This is MY couch."
"Can't I just lay beside you?"
"No, Mom. That's YOUR couch, over there." (Points to the love seat.)
"But I want to lay next to you and watch you wake up."
"No, Mom. You creep me."

I CREEP HIM?!?! Ok, I suppose the thought of someone watching you is creepy, but when did my two-year old learn THAT phrase?!?!

Anyway, we had a relaxing evening at home. I was pretty CRABBY as my husband would tell you (this is where he pleads the 5th), but hanging out with the kids always puts a smile on my face. My crabbiness must be due to lack of sleep, yet it's almost 10pm and I refuse to go to bed. My own fault! Since posting pictures always makes blogs more interesting, here is an adorable picture of the kids that was taken tonight. Caleb is such an awesome big brother and Hannah thinks he's the cat's pajamas (although she is looking at Daddy in this picture).

2 comments:

The Fritz Facts said...

Oh it only gets worse...but more laughable all the time.

Sleep...what is that? I have been exhausted for 8 years...man I am tired though.

Anonymous said...

I just love how happy and animated Hannah is! I just want to snuggle her. Hmm...I need to find time to see her.

And Caleb! HAHA. What a goon! He's going to be quite a handful isn't he! How funny!