skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Knock Out!
It's only Tuesday, but the kids and I have already been having a fun week. Yesterday morning, we went over to a friends' house for a breakfast/pajama party with some other MOMS Club kids. It was really weird to take a shower in the morning and then put on clean PJs instead of clothes but that's what we did. Did you ever have Pajama Day when you were in junior high? This is exactly how that felt. We were at our friends' house for a couple of hours and then came home to TANTRUM CENTRAL. You give a two-year old the time of his life and what does he give you? A hysterical tantrum, complete with tears, screaming and indecision. It all started when I noticed how tired he was and suggested he lie down on the couch. It turned into one of those absolutely wonderful tantrums where nothing is what he wants---including what he just asked for. He ended up falling asleep really fast and really hard which just goes to show that he WAS tired. (One point for Mommy!) That was how we spent the afternoon---sleeping and lounging. I don't know about you, but this constitutes as "fun" in my book. :) In the evening, Chris took charge of the kiddos while I took a self-defense class with some friends. It was very cool!! Don't mess with me, buddy, because I now know how to choke someone so they pass out within 5 seconds. If that's not information to use in everyday life, then I don't know what is! The instructor did make us promise that we would only use our new knowledge in case of an attack, so I guess I won't be choking, kicking, or elbow smacking anyone soon---I hope.
This morning was very low-key but fun nonetheless. Caleb is currently at his second-to-last day of preschool for this year and Hannah helped me pick out some fresh flowers to enjoy. (Nothing starts a day better than fresh flowers and a good cup of coffee, in my opinion.) I then had a meeting with the new Vice President of our MOMS Club. I explained all of the VP duties to her and handed EVERYTHING over!! While my reign of VP isn't officially over until June 30th, I feel like I am a free woman. No more fund-raising for me! No more service projects for me! Wait...okay...I'll still do service projects and I did tell the new VP that I would donate and help out as much as I could. I guess I'll always be a sucker for helping but what can I say?
Here are a couple random pictures of Caleb drinking an Icee at the Rainforest Cafe last Friday. He got another light-up toy there (seriously, when will I refuse to buy those things?) and also got a souvenir cup with his Icee. The sugar rush came on VERY quickly and just to prove his hyperness, Caleb was running around our table and dodging waiters with full trays of beverages. Luckily, there were no accidents, but there were a few close calls!

1 comment:
He just looks devious in the second one! He's such a HAM! I love it!
I am glad you are giving away some of your duties! Good for you! Now maybe we should plan an afternoon to have some cocktails and make some cards...what do you say?
Post a Comment