Caleb was VERY excited to go to preschool today because he had gifts to give his three teachers. He RAN in the door and was squealing, so the teachers knew something was up. :) After dropping him off at school, Hannah and I spent some fun time together and got stuff done (for once). That "stuff" would be shopping and getting a manicure. Hannah's nails look great! Ok, don't freak out---I did not paint my 6-month old daughter's nails, but she did sit and look pretty while I got mine done. I think the girls at the salon thought I would tip them if they acted like they were baby-sitting Hannah. Sorry, girls! Your tip is that you got to hang out with my adorable baby for 20 minutes! ;) Bad, Katie. Anyways, when we got home, I was realizing that I have hardly any pictures of Hannah and me alone, so I took one myself.

Not the best shot of us, but it's good for a spur-of-the-moment picture. Hannah was also showing off her new sitting-up skills.

(She is also showing off her favorite giraffe toy, in case you are wondering.) :)
After all of our fun alone time, we picked up Caleb. I had promised him Dairy Queen after school to celebrate his last day of the year, but he turned me down. Put this down in the record books: a two-year old declined the offer of an ice cream cone. Sound the alarms!! Before I freaked out and brought him to the hospital, assuming he had some disease that was making him delirious, he informed me that there was candy in his backpack and he wanted to eat that instead. Grrrr-eat. Instead of DQ, I suggested a hair cut (ice cream, haircut....they're both special treats, right??). Caleb ended up with a sugar high and an awesome 'do.

(He was talking while I took this one...)
When we got home, Chris had surprised us by coming home from work early. He claimed that he was going to work from home, but he is currently at the hobby store buying more wooden train tracks for Caleb's train table. I'd say putting that table together is work in itself, but I doubt it's the type of "work" Chris was planning on. Anyway, we did get one more cute shot of the kids playing together tonight.

Would you believe that Hannah jumped on Caleb's back all by herself? Oh, you wouldn't? Well, you're right. Daddy was helping her, but both kids were getting a kick out of it so I had to take a picture. A couple of cuties! :)
3 comments:
What adorable pictures! I love Hannah's red hair! Caleb is going to be a heart breaker! I can tell already! I just love the new "do" on him! He looks so grown up!
Caleb is styyyylin'!
Love the new do! Such a stud.
Candy vs ice cream...hmmmm that is a tough one.
Post a Comment