Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A little motivation??

Last night is going down in the record books! Chris and I BOTH went to the gym. Now, this has happened since we got married 4 years ago, but I'd say it's been over 3 years since we've been to the gym together. We are professional slackers. No lie! It's actually one of our hobbies to join a gym, get all excited, even buy new MP3 players and awesome workout clothes and then make every excuse possible NOT to actually go work out. While that's been a great past-time in our home, last night, we bit the bullet and finally went to the Y. I've had an "individual membership" for over a month (hence, Zumba, my favorite fitness class) but we had only talked about Chris joining as well. With Torie's graduation coming up at the end of the month, it only reminds me of how I have not lost any weight and haven't been to the gym myself in over three weeks. (Maybe Chris wasn't a slacker before he met me? Maybe I'm just a really bad influence? No comment, people!) Anyway, we went around 6:30pm last night, which was a slower time for the Y (which was great for us). The childcare center was not busy at all, but I totally thought Caleb would be kicking and screaming when we dropped him off. The childcare person at the desk was so nice and got Caleb in the door without even giving him a chance to be sad or mad. He loved it!! Chris and I only actually worked out for 30 minutes, but hey, it's a good start! We're going again tonight, too, because I want to hit my Zumba class before the kids go to bed. Go, Motivation!!

P.S. Best part of the evening was when Caleb tried to drink out of a water fountain all by himself and the water squirted him right in the eye. He was all surprised and didn't quite know how to react, but as we were walking away from the fountain he said "Wow! I sure like water!" :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good job! I am proud you both went! I always found it more motivating to go with Chuck. I think I worked harder when he was there...He pushed me to "do one more" and I would do the same. I tend to be more lazy when I go by myself. :)