Friday, July 18, 2008

Can't wait!!

Ok, this is the post where you all decide that I'm insane: I CAN'T WAIT FOR CHRISTMAS!! From now until Christmas, I get a little surge of excitement every day. I literally mean surge---I have to jump up and down for about 5 seconds and make a giddy squeal. And it's all because I love Christmas. I love decorating, I love seeing family, I love getting gifts for everyone. Most of all, I love the feeling that Christmas brings. Oh, yes, and I love love love lutefisk!
I have already started making lists of what to get people. My husband is hands-down the hardest person to shop for (everyone who has tried to buy him a gift is saying "You're right!") Chris---stop buying Paul Simon CDs and let us get you those for Christmas, please! j/k I am so excited about Christmas that I think I'll have to watch my favorite Christmas movie today: "White Christmas".

As I'm typing this, Caleb sat down next to me and said "Mom, how is your day?" I don't know when he turned into such a polite and considerate boy, but once again, it makes me feel like I've done something right with this whole "motherhood" thing. Although, the one frustrating thing that Chris and I realized this morning is that our child has virtually no idea how to pick up toys. Yes, it's embarassing to admit but I am totally serious. This morning, he dumped out all of his sister's toys from her lone Rubbermaid tote (the second child always gets the short-end-of-the-stick) and filled the tote with his own legos. I immediately told him that he had to put his legos back in their original container because Hannah deserves to have some containers and toys to herself. It has been over an hour since he did this and he has yet to put all of the legos back in their container. I turned his morning cartoons off and I even threatened to take his legos away, but he has chosen to dawdle rather put them all back in the lego box. He's been asking that I "help" him (which usually means me doing all the cleaning myself) but I keep telling him that he should do it himself. I think this is something we'll be working on daily from now on!!

3 comments:

The Fritz Facts said...

The lovely 2's...so much fun. It takes time and practise, but they get it. You are a fabulous wonderful mother!!!!

CoolMommy said...

Have you seen White Christmas at the Ordway? We went year before last, it is great! You should go if they have it again!

CoolMommy said...

PS, I hate to tell you this, but even at age 11 kids don't know how to pick up their own toys! LOL