Chris had the kids while I was "out with the ladies" (as we call it in our house) and from what I can tell, they all had a great evening. Every night lately when Chris puts Caleb to bed, Caleb shocks him by calling him "Chris". Last night, as Chris was shutting Caleb's door, Caleb said "Hey, Chris!" for Chris to come back in the room. He's been calling me Katie every now and then, too, and every time I ask him "What did you call me??" It's never been so weird to hear my own name....
Yesterday we ventured up to the Stanton's cabin for their annual Cabin Party. It's always a great time and since we missed last year's festivities, we needed to do some catching up! Unfortunately, we got up there in the middle of a tornado warning (the sirens were blaring and everything) so we all hung out in the basement of the cabin for awhile. After the storms passed, it was chilly and windy outside, so no swimming was had on our part. The kids were starting to get uber-crabby after dinner, so we had to duck out early and miss the annual fireworks. (Always a favorite for Chris and I, but I think Caleb would have been a little nervous like he was on the 4th.) I realized this morning that I never even took my camera out of the car while we were at the cabin (I was quite preoccupied) so no pictures for you to see!! Sorry! (Big shout-out to Jeff and Jill for hosting another great cabin party. Next year we'll hope for no tornadoes!!)
Random picture time!
Here is a picture of Caleb pretending to sleep on his toy totes. He has about a dozen of these totes, and he loves to dump all the toys out and just play with the containers. Very fun for his mommy who gets to pick up all the toys and re-sort them into their proper containers.....

Caleb requested that this next picture be taken. He said "Mom, take a picture of me and find me!"

You know I always have to tell you all about Caleb's "blanket adventures". Lately, since he's so good with going up and down the stairs, we've been keeping the gate off the stairs. This means that Caleb now likes to play on them and put his toys and blankets on all the stairs. Here, he built a "castle". (Lots of castles being built in our house, apparently...)

Even thought it's pretty early for him, Caleb is slowly learning how to read. (It all begins with what sounds the letters make, etc....) Here, he is teaching Hannah how to read. Just to let you know, she was more interested in trying to eat the book and she did eventually rip one of the pages. :)

(As you can tell, I have yet to learn different settings on my awesome camera. Therefore, you will have to endure my dark and sometimes blurry pictures! Please excuse!) :)
1 comment:
I hardly took any pictures at the party either! I told Jeff I have to have someone email us the picture they took. I mean, if I don't have pictures of it, it will be like it never even really happened! :)
Post a Comment