Thursday, July 17, 2008

I thought I'd never say it....

(I'm feeling a bit more chipper than I was yesterday so I guess I'll write a little.) :)

In the past two days, I have said a couple phrases that I never thought would come out of my mouth:

1. "Don't stand on the dog!"

and

2. "No somersaults until you put some underwear on!"

No, I did not say either of these phrases to Chris---they were both to Caleb, of course. Jack has never been a fan of Caleb. Living in the house with a two-year old must be stressful for a dog. Caleb pokes him, hits him and tried to ride on his back like a horse. The only good thing for Jack is how much food Caleb drops on the floor, to be honest. Jack has shown his intolerance of Caleb by getting up from his resting place almost every time Caleb walks by---just in case Caleb plans on touching him or mess with him. Well, yesterday goes down in the record books as an amazing day in the bonding of Caleb and Jack: Jack let Caleb STAND on him. Yes, stand right on his back. Jack was lying on the floor and Caleb walked right up and stood on his back. (Oh, come on, you didn't think I'd let Caleb stand on Jack while he was standing UP, now did you??)
The other statement (#2) is just what you would imagine. My son has taken to the really fun practice of jumping off the toilet and running around the house while Chris and I yell and chase him, trying get pants on the kid. He doesn't do it every time, but he does it at the time when my hands are completely full. For example, while I'm changing his sister's diaper and not standing near the bathroom, or perhaps while I'm on the phone. Yesterday, he actually crouched down and started doing somersaults on the floor, hence Chris and I shouting that somersaults are supposed to occur while one is wearing underwear and preferably pants as well. :)

1 comment:

The Fritz Facts said...

lol! Most of the pictures of Hunter as a baby are of him laying on the dog, sitting on the dog and standing on the dog. Lucky was the best kid dog ever!

Boo used to run around the house yelling "naked baby"...no matter who was over. That is fun to explain.