
Two little tiny frogs! Each of them is about the size of a dime--they are just super teeny tiny. When Chris mowed the lawn yesterday he saw hundreds of them in our yard, so of course, we had to put a couple in a jar for Caleb to observe. I think we will probably set those little guys free later today because honestly, the novelty has worn off. Caleb hasn't even paid any attention to them today. Those poor little frogs will be glad to get back to their family after the scare they have had: Caleb has successfully dropped the jar on the carpet about 4 times, not to mention wrapping the jar up in his blue blanket and pretending that it was a birthday present for someone. :)
Speaking of birthdays, we went to an AWESOME birthday party yesterday. Our little neighbor girl was turning 4-years old and she had a pony birthday party. Not just "My Little Pony" decorations and cake but ACTUAL ponies! There were 4 ponies of different sizes for the kids to ride around our cul-de-sac and there was a petting zoo, too. I don't know how this lady does it, but she brought over about a dozen guinea pigs, two turtles, ducks of all shapes and sizes and colors, chickens, baby geese, chinchillas, the whole works! Caleb was a little freaked out with the ducks, since one of them looked like the Aflac duck and was almost as tall as Caleb was, but he loved holding the guinea pigs like babies and he even made up a song about a turtle. This is Caleb holding his "baby":

And did he ride a horse, you are wondering? Of course! He rode the smallest horse there. This little horse was so cute and his name is Spanky. All he wanted to do was run but of course, Chris and the girl made sure he didn't run with Caleb on his back. :)


Caleb was SO proud of himself after the ride and so were Chris and I.
2 comments:
Wow! What a lucky boy! I can just see him being so excited about riding a pony! I'm even so proud of him!! Hopefully he won't try to ride Jack as much since he got this out of his system. :)I have been reading your blog often, I love it! I tell Jon "Caleb and Hannah stories" since he doesn't go on the computer much unless it's banking/busy work. You know him! We can't wait to see you and Chris in SC!!
What a fun party! I am expecting Caleb's next party to be like this so *I* can ride the ponies!
Funny story...I was 2 inches too short for go carts this weekend, so I might not meet the height requirement for riding ponies. (I did ride them anyway....just got a little cramp from trying to reach the pedals!) Hopefully I will be all right since Caleb could ride them, though! :)
Post a Comment