Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July!!

I hope everyone has enjoyed their 4th of July as we have. We had a lazy morning and then had an AWESOME picnic with my family at Fort Snelling State Park. The weather was perfect, the food was great, and the company was outstanding. Although we missed Uncle Ben (he's on a missions trip right now) and Auntie Torie (away at basic training), we made-due and had a great time without them.

Hannah celebrated our country's independence by sticking her tongue out most of the day:



Caleb celebrated by running around with Uncle Jon and learning how to spit the pit out of cherries. (This would be why his face is all dirty...)



Here is a kind of cute picture of Hannah and myself. Yes, my hair looks crazy and yes, Hannah's sunhat is too small. I guess I forgot that babies' heads grow just like the rest of their bodies do....



Here is also a cute picture of my parents. Note my mother's stylish 70's-style sun glasses. Go, Mom, you trend-setter, you!!



When we got home from the picnic, most of us took a HUGE 3.5 hour nap. One of us got up to clean up doggie doodoo in Jack's kennel and I'll tell you that it wasn't me. (Thanks, Honey!!) We were going back and forth on if we wanted to see fireworks tonight, due to Hannah being so young and wanting to fall asleep at 8:30pm every night, but we ended up deciding to drive down to my parents' house and then mozey back up to our house after dark. We ended up getting back into our town at the PERFECT time. Seriously---we parked the car and watched some amazing fireworks right above us. Hannah got to sleep in the car like she wanted and Caleb was a little apprehensive about the fireworks when we got so close. He was concerned about our safety, but felt better sitting on mom's lap in the car and watching the fireworks through the closed window. Before the finale, he said "Let's go home, guys!" so we did. It's already 11:30pm and I can still hear all the "booms" from more fireworks outside, so I guess people are still celebrating. Happy Independence, America!!

By the way, I didn't get a good picture of the kids' in their cute outfits today, so I'm going to wash their clothes and take a good one tomorrow. :) I'll let you know how it turns out!

2 comments:

*gEEns* said...

Sounds like you had a fun day! :)

Your hair doesn't look crazy... in fact i thought to myself "Katie's hair looks cute" before i read you thought it was crazy...Silly girl!

Anonymous said...

That picture of you and Hannah is adorable! She is so gorgeous! She's going to be just stunning! I can tell already! :)