skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Happy 5th of July!
Okay, I'm treating the 5th of July as a holiday because we did some more celebrating on that day. You probably expected me to post last night but we were up pretty late and my whole family---yes, even the baby---slept until 9:30am this morning! Whoo-hoo! Talk about feeling rested! Anyways, last night (Saturday) we went to my in-laws to shoot off some fireworks in their yard. No, no, no---we're good people and we only shoot off the legal stuff. (I said a line last night that I never thought I would EVER say: "Thanks, Jesse Ventura!" for getting even the wimpy fireworks legalized...) Again, there was great weather, wonderful food (s'mores....mmmmm....), and awesome company. I really enjoy this "family tradition" of setting off our own fireworks around the 4th because the kids get such a kick out of it! Caleb was a little apprehensive once again, but since the rest of us were "oohing" and "aahing", he did the same. It was a wonderful evening and Caleb was thrilled that he got to stay up WAY past his bedtime for two nights in a row. Of course, I was thrilled that Caleb slept in this morning and Chris is thrilled that he has one more day to relax before Monday arrives. Don't you just LOVE three-day weekends????Here's the best picture I could get of both kids in their cute 4th of July attire:

Here's Caleb giving his sister a HUGE kiss!! (Notice how he's grabbing her face... Does she look like she is enjoying it? Not sure.....)

Here is Caleb and his cousin, Kyla, admiring the REALLY BIG box of fireworks before we started our festivites:
1 comment:
That is why we always spend the 4th in WI...legal there! We go to the show, and do our own little show when we get back to the cabin. Such a great time.
Post a Comment