Thursday, August 14, 2008
All the hot spots....
Two words can describe my day: JAM-PACKED. First off, everyone except Chris slept until 8:00am this morning. It was WONDERFUL! I felt like I was ready to go as soon as my feet hit the carpet this morning so we planned a full day of fun. We started out by having "Fried Toads" for breakfast. Kara was pretty nervous as to what these actually were, but since they are plain deep-fried fritters, she was very happy with the outcome. (Probably a little peeved at me telling her for about 12 hours that we were going to be deep-frying REAL toads. I even had a bowl with a plate on top of it while I was cooking so the "toads" wouldn't jump out and get away.) Then we headed to the Children's Museum. Always a favorite, and we went to every gallery except for one---and only because we accidentally missed it. We were there for 2.5 hours and ready for some McDonald's afterwards. We took our food to go and ate in the car on the way to the next hot-spot: an indoor play-place in Woodbury that is always tons of fun. Caleb was too scared to go down the "big" slide but I told him that we'd stop at Dairy Queen on the way home if he could conjure enough courage to face his fears. He did and was ready for a "banilla" ice cream cone afterwards. (Little do he and Kara know, I would have stopped at DQ even if he didn't go down the big slide...) We ended up leaving the play-place just in time because it started pouring rain as soon as we all got in the car. After DQ, we headed home for naps (only Hannah slept) and laundry ("someone" poured chocolate milk on some blankets on purpose) and by then it was dinner time. Tonight is another low-key night: we're showing "Lilo and Stitch" in our home theater, aka, the living room. :) With Hannah having the sniffles (dear Lord, I hope she doesn't get as sick as Caleb was two days ago), I'm ready for some relaxation myself. I'm just glad that we didn't receive any phone calls from the doctor today which means the throat culture from yesterday really IS negative. Strep, stay away!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is huge jam packed day. So glad that you had fun. Children's museum is a favorite of ours too. Could spend hours there.
Yeah no strep!! Fabulous news.
Post a Comment