Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Doctor Day

If yesterday was "sick day", then today can be "doctor day". :) Kara ended up spending last night at my mom's house, which turned out to be just perfect. Caleb woke up in the middle of the night crying and he was burning up. After a good hour of letting the Motrin kick in and trying to get the crabby boy to sleep, he finally dozed off, leaving Chris and I both awake. We were sure that his crying and fever meant that he had an ear infection, so around lunchtime today, I brought him to the doctor. I don't know if I've mentioned, but we LOVE our doctor. He is so great with the kids and Caleb was having a great time getting "checked out". Turns out, his ears are fine but his throat wasn't. The strep culture came back negative so the doctor suggested it was a viral thing and that the worse was over. You could tell Caleb was feeling better in the afternoon because Kara arrived at our house and Caleb once again hijacked all of her time and energy. We're having a low-key evening (we rented movies) just to make sure that Caleb is feeling 100%. Tomorrow, if all is well, we will finally leave the house to do something FUN! (Kara can hardly wait!) :)

1 comment:

The Fritz Facts said...

Hopefully the 24 come back negative. It is going around like a vengence. Hunter's entire mom's house had it, so did Ryan. Not fun.

Glad he was feeling better!!